Preparation : 10 minutes
Cook time : 20 minutes
500g soy milk
50g short-grain rice
20g acacia gum 1 vanilla pod
For the caramel sauce:
150ml vegan cream
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Add the soy milk to a saucepan. Slice open the vanilla pod and scrape out the seeds, then add both to the milk.
- Bring to the boil then add the short-grain rice. Lower the heat, allowing the rice to cook gently for around twenty minutes.
- Don’t worry if there’s still liquid in the pan once the rice is cooked – it will thicken to a creamy consistency as it cools.
- Make the salted caramel: add the sugar to a pan with a little water, than make a caramel.
- Add in the margarine and cream (which should be heated) and stir until smooth. Allow to simmer for a few minutes, then transfer to a heat-proof bowl. Add in the sea salt.
- Serve the rice pudding with the salted caramel and almonds.